Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Prayer in the "Small Spots"

I am a vivacious reader, of all genres. Kids has slowed me down a little. Now I only read one book at a time instead of four! 

This is Praying the Scriptures for Your Children by Jodie Berndt. One of her great ideas is to praying specific passages personalized to your family (such as swapping "yourself" or "you" with "name", nothing sacrilegious!) in the "small spots" of life. Such as when you're washing dishes or doing laundry.

I hung two of my favorites in my laundry area: Ephesians 6:11-18 and Colassians 3:12.

Clothe my family with your full armor so that they can take their stand against the devil's schemes. Help them to stand firm, with the belt of truth buckled around their waist and the breastplate of righteousness in place. Fit their feet with the rediness that comes from the gospel of peace. Give my family the shield of faith, with which they can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Place the helmet of salvation on their head and the sword of the Spirit, wich is your word, in their hands. Finally, teach them to pray, and to be alert. Ephesians 6:11-18

Clothe my family with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12

You can change "My family" with the specific names of each family member, if you happen to be doing a lot of laundry. As laundry is apt to do! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment