Words for the wise:
- You have to fill out and mail said rebate with all the items they request by the time they say it should be mailed by. Otherwise you just bought it at full price.
- Make a copy of it (scanners are great for this as you don't have to print them out) and follow up if they take more than 6 weeks to return your money. If they claim they never got it then kindly offer to mail them a copy.
- Take note if a brand doesn't return your money so you never do a rebate with them or any of their affiliates again. They are officially on your "you irk me" list.
- Walgreens has great reliable rebates. The down side is that they are in store gift cards. But if you do shopping there that is just as good. Note: They don't mind if you check out multiple times. So get your priciest item first, the load it onto your card (after you've done this once already and have the card), and then check out the next item with the money you just got back, rinse and repeat.
- Menards also has good reliable rebates and your DH will be impressed that you shopped there. It is also in store gift cards but DH will appreciate them for when he needs to buy manly stuff. Just remind him to use them!
- Rebate items make great gifts, just ask my mom!