Saturday, February 19, 2011

Make your Tea and Coffee Go Longer

If you drink tea or coffee than this is the post for you.  Because really, when we come down to it, we don't need either of those items.  They cost money and they're a diuretic.  But they taste sooo good!

Reuse your tea bag.  If you're going to drink more than one cup, steep your bag and then put it in a little bowl.  When you're ready for your second cup, use the same tea bag.  But only use it a total of two times or else you loose the flavor.

Coffee grounds.  If you make more than one pot of coffee you can just add a little bit more grounds to the filter already full of them.  Second pot will still taste just as good as the first and you only used a little bit more instead of refilling the whole thing again.

When you're done with your grounds, add them to your plants.  They'll thank you for it.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know about adding the grounds to my plants. Just dump them on top of the soil? Does it make my house smell like old coffee? :-)

    I'm excited to try this...guess I'll just have to make a pot of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, just dump them on top of the soil. You can mix them in a bit if you would like. I wouldn't do it all the time for house plants as they will end up having more coffee grounds than soil! I've never had my house smell like old coffee but I don't add the grounds daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia has been helping me do this. The other day we were talking about plants during science time and I asked her "Do you remember what a plant needs to grow?" She says "Dirt, water...and love!" I asked her "Yes, and what else?" (I was thinking of sunlight) She thinks for a moment and then answers confidently "Coffee!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!!

    I love her! That made my morning. ^_^

    ReplyDelete