Friday, January 21, 2011

Dollar Store

A word about dollar stores.  They are not all created equal.  Some are, what I refer to as, the dollar plus store because you may be hard pressed to actually find anything in there that is a dollar.  In fact, the only thing that I like from our local "dollar plus" store are the baby wipes.  Cheapest around.

One dollar store will not be carrying what the dollar store down the street is carrying.  So check them out and see what they have.  I have found that a store tends to carry a "theme" of items.  Perhaps they specialize in crafts, or greeting cards, or house hold items, or car gear, or groceries, etc.  I know which dollar store I need to go to for certain items.

Also, if you're going to a dollar store or a big lots or whatever type of discount store is by you, don't assume it's a good price!  Know your prices.  And if you buy food there, check the expiration dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment